Friday 6 July 2018

Mock Exam Dirt Sheet


ASSESSMENT 3B End of Year Media Language and Representation
GBHS MEDIA STUDIES A LEVEL Marksheet

Name: Hannah Talbot                                        Date: 06/07/18

AO1: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the theoretical framework of media and contexts of media and their influence
AO2 Apply knowledge and understanding (KU) of the theoretical framework of media to:
Analyse media products/ Make judgements and draw conclusions

Level 3

KU
10-13
Analysis
6-7
·         A comprehensive response to the set question
·         Comprehensive and accurate knowledge and understanding
·         Convincing, perceptive and accurate analysis
·         Convincing, perceptive and accurate evaluation
·         Highly developed and accomplished judgements and conclusions
The response demonstrates a highly developed and detailed line of reasoning which is coherent and logically structured. The information presented is entirely relevant and substantiated.
Level 2

KU
10-13
Analysis
3-5


·         An adequate response to the set question
·         Adequate and generally accurate knowledge and understanding
·         Adequate and generally successful analysis
·         Adequate and generally successful evaluation
·         Adequate and generally well-reasoned judgements and conclusions

The response demonstrates a line of reasoning with some structure. The information presented is in the most part relevant and supported by some evidence.

Level 1

KU
10-13
Analysis
3-5


·         A minimal response to the set question
·         Minimal application of knowledge and understanding
·         Analysis is minimal and/or largely descriptive and may not be relevant
·         Evaluation is minimal or brief, and is likely to be largely descriptive
·         Judgements and conclusions, if present, are minimal with limited support
·          
Information presented is basic and may be ambiguous or unstructured. The information is supported by limited evidence.















Identify a strength or strengths in your assessment: I feel I had good knowledge of all of the media texts so that I could write about them in detail. I can create some good points on the Big Issue covers. I am good at covering points on gender in Stop Where You Are.  





What are the areas you need to improve? I need to improve by writing about a variation of representations in the media texts I am given. For example, in the first question, I only wrote about gender, whereas I could have talked about class. I need to improve my ability write under timed conditions.





What do you need to focus on for your next assessment? I need to focus on analysing unseen texts in the occasion that there might be an unseen text in the exam. I need to do practise questions under timed conditions so I can write enough in the time I have.


















No comments:

Media Revision